Fraunhofer IOF is one of the leading research institutes in the field of laser and fiber technology.
Competencies in this field range from the design and simulation of all aspects of fibers and fiber lasers to the fabrication of specialized fibers and their application in laser systems, fiber sensors and telecommunication applications.
Renowned results include high power applications as well as tailored properties of photonic crystal fibers. In addition, special technologies and devices are developed at the institute to support the handling and application of novel fibers.
Based on this expertise, our experts offer up-to-date knowledge in our workshops and further education offers.
In addition to public scheduled workshops with a fixed program, which we offer from time to time, we also offer customized formats, which are specifically tailored to the needs and target groups of companies. These include targeted topics which, depending on the target agreement, can be worked on within one day or also in formats lasting several days.
With our experience, we can make appropriate suggestions to provide you with the most effective support meeting your needs. Contact us and we will discuss the possibilities to design the optimal offer for you together.
Course of Events
1. Theoretical part (4 x 2 h)
- Introduction and basics
- Modeling and optical effects in fibers
- Simulation, measurement techniques, and fabrication
- Preparation of fibers and overview of fiber components
2. Practical part (groups of two)
- Mode coupling and NA measurement
- Index profile measurement
- Loss measurement
- Optical backscatter measurements
- End capping and tapering
- Guided drawing tower and MCVD
3. Evening event (dinner) to get to know each other