Gain practical experience with us for your mostly theoretical studies ...
There are interesting tasks in the fields of optical and mechanical system design, micro- and nanostructured optics, opto-mechatronic components and systems, precision optical components and systems, functional surfaces and layers, laser and fiber technology, imaging and sensor technology and future technologies. Students can work as student assistants, internships, final theses (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) and doctorates.
We are looking for students from the fields of physics, computer science, chemistry, materials and engineering sciences as well as ophthalmic optics, precision engineering, physical engineering, laser and optotechnologies and scientific instrumentation.
In addition, students from the economic or related fields of study can work as student assistants in administration or marketing.
We offer the following subject areas, among others
- Coating of optical components made of glass, crystals and plastics
- Multifunctional coating design
- Sputtering and vapor deposition processes for modern optics
- Rapid prototyping of complex optical layer systems with picometer accuracy
- Plasma and optical technologies
- THz Imaging
- Design of optical systems
- 3D measuring systems with structured illumination
- Wetting properties of surfaces
- Scattered light based surface characterization
- Development and characterization of microoptical systems
- Microoptical Design
- Microoptics Technology
- Microoptical Integration Technology
- Methods of construction & simulation
- Development of precision optical systems
- Development of concepts for microassembly/system integration of optical systems
- Design of next generation fiber lasers