Different commercial design, analysis, and design programs are used in the development of optical systems.
- Optical design programs: ASAP, OSLO, ZEMAX, Zelum, VOL, GLAD, OPTI_BPM, OPTI_FDTD, FIMMWAVE, JCMWave, ATSOS, GratingSolver, Unigit, FRED, SPEOS
- Raytracing: ZEMAX; OSLO; ASAP; TracePro, LucidShape
- Propagation of waves: VirtualLab 4, GLAD
- Grating calculation: UNIGIT, GSolver
- CAD-programs: ProEngineer, Rhino, AutoCad, Inventor
- FEM-Simulation for stress, temperature, structure analysis with ANSYS
- Various image processing software
Also, problem-specific add-ons such as macros and data interfaces are used to extend the functionality of the software.
- Software for surface construction and quality control: Raindrop, VG Studio max: VolumeGraphics, Polyworks Software: Duwe 3D, Geomagic Software: Geomagic Ltd.
- Roughness analysis software: Mark III
- Software for numerical analysis: MATLAB
- Thin-layer design: OptiLayer, Essential Macleod, Film Wizard
- Thin-layer characterization: OptiChar, OptiRE, Essential Macleod, Film Wizard, Refsim, Laptos, LCalc
- Light scattering analysis: CalcScat
- Mechanical characteristics: FilmDoctor