The Fraunhofer IOF designs and realizes optical 3D measuring systems for various applications on the basis of:
- modern imaging 3D measurement techniques (pattern and structured light projection, stereo image editing, photogrammetry),
- digital projection technology (LCoS, DMD, OLED), novel microoptical projection-technology (array-projection) and gobo-projection,
- software concepts.
The possible areas of use for the optical 3D measuring systems are broad-based and range from:
- quality control in toolmaking and mold making,
- in the optical industry,
- in mechanical engineering,
- in the automotive industry all the way to
- medicine and forensic science,
- underwater metrology.
The Fraunhofer IOF supplies applied system solutions (especially in the area of high-speed and fully automatic, self-calibrating 3D measurement techniques) with which the optical metrology can be seamlessly integrated into automated manufacturing and testing procedures.