Tailored Light Diffusers enable the efficient transformation of incoming light into a desired angular distribution at the far field. The design and simulation processes base upon rigorous wave-optical methods. The concurrence of refractive and diffractive behavior of superficial microstructures results in achromatic characteristics and effective suppression of zeroth order and ghost-images. The realization of customized surface patterns with the help of direct-writing grayscale lithography as a mastering technology offers almost arbitrary far field distributions and light deflection for illumination and display purposes.
- rigorous and wave-optical design methods
- Mastering by direct-writing grayscale lithography
- Substrate size up to Ø 300 mm
- Photoresist master for replication (e.g. UV molding)
- Mask for RIE proportional transfer into fused silica, borofloat glass, silicon